Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - December 5 - Christmas Recipes


Alex with ham on Straddie (Stradbroke Island) 1999

Thomas MacEntee of Advent Calendar Geneabloggers says:

 The smell of cookies baking in the oven or perhaps mulled wine on the stove top. What are your favorite recipes during Christmastime? Are they different than the Christmas foods your mother made? What about your ancestors – what were their favorite recipes and Christmas foods? Share your favorite recipe and the story behind it.

Ah the Christmas Ham recipe!

How much agony that has caused us over the years!

"Have you seen your Mother's Christmas ham recipe?" asked my father one year "I'm sure I gave it to you..."  

"No, I gave it back didn't I?"

"Maybe I left it on Straddie....or did I give it to Faith?"

and so it used to go.....Where was the wretched ham recipe?

Well we found it - eventually - every year.  

And I present it to you for your benefit.  Best...ham...ever....sketch by my mother...bless.






The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com. 

Comments

Kristin said…
Now I need to go eat lunch! I love the added specifics in the recipe.

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Merry Month of May Movie Meme