Fab Feb Photo Collage: Day 11

L to R Tom McLoughlin, Barbara McLoughlin, Kit McLoughlin nee Forfar, Belle Wingfield nee Forfar, Joy Jeffery nee Wingfield, Dorothy Peterson nee Forfar and Reg Peterson.
This photo was taken on the occasion of June's wedding 1954.

Only I'm not sure who June is - I think it's maybe Marjorie June Peterson - Dorothy or Dot's daughter.

I need to check with my cousin Kath.

I suspect June is Reg's sister -  Reg being my cousin Kath's father - confused yet?

Dorothy is the older sister of Kit and Belle, the twins in the middle of the photo.

Anyway - that is my maternal grandfather on the far left.

Then my mother - she would have been about eighteen or nineteen

Then my maternal grandmother who I never knew - Kit.

And then her twin sister - Belle.

Family correspondence suggests that the photo may have been taken in a family home - possibly Enfield, Sydney.  The marriage took place at Petersham according to the Registry Office records.

I could look up Post Office records.

Hmm...more research to do. 

The back of the photo credits Lavina Studio Photos the Leica-way - Agents James Novelty Shop Ashfield and Rona Library Burwood.

Thanks to Julie at Angler's Rest and Pauleen at Family History Across the Seas for coming up with this meme.  It's really making me work hard !

 

Comments

Kristin said…
I like group family photos. I am finding this daily posting hard work too but I do like the results!
lovely jubely - i get photos! he he
Alex Daw said…
Kristin - the funny thing is I thought this one would be easy peasy and then I found all these questions....
Alex Daw said…
Queen - the best thing of all is that I get you!
Is that "I GET you"? or "I get YOU"?
or may be even..... I .. get you

Popular posts from this blog

31 Things to do in August for National Family History Month

NFHM Blogging Challenge - Week 1

Merry Month of May Movie Meme